Ardermina Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new VRMMO that's taken the world by storm. Join now and start your own adventure

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Call To Come
Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:29 am by Eisen Mauer

» Face to Face
Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:14 pm by Ryilin Ouse

» Party Time
Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:50 pm by Tannis Krait

» [GM]Rare Ingredient Hunting...
Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:56 am by Umbrix Chiffon

» And I Weep...
Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:05 pm by Evexi

» Enter: Tutorials
Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:09 am by Tannis Krait

» Liam Cress :: Rapid Palisade
Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:59 pm by Rapid Palisade

» GM Request
Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:35 am by The Great GM

» 8006 :: Madeline Clark
Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 3:03 am by Madeline Clark

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 30 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:51 am
Affiliates
DISTORTED

Enter: Tutorials

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Great GM

The Great GM

Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Exasperated, the boy (on closer inspection, it became apparent that he was no more than 15) heaved a heavy sigh, setting aside his work to look at each item upon the counter.

"Vest is 200. Shield is 150. I'll sell you the coat and hat for 50 gold."
Back to top Go down
Tannis Krait

Tannis Krait

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Tannis took the deal without question, transferring the credits, and equipping the gear before she left the store. Now with the waterproof hat and coat equipped, she didn't have to run everywhere anymore. It looked like the last stop was the apothecary. Inside, there was all manners of pre-made potions, medicines, and ingredients. The tutorial menu gave her the basics about different classes of potions and their functions. She wasn't really sure about what to get, so she approached the shopkeeper for more details.

"Hi, any recommendations for a new player on a tight budget?"
Back to top Go down
The Great GM

The Great GM

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:47 pm

A smartly dressed woman with tiny glasses seated upon the bridge of her nose looked up from her book as if coming out of a daze. She uncrossed her legs, smoothing the neat charcoal pencil skirt and straightened the deep grey blazer around an underplayed bust.

"That would have to depend on what you intend to do. A safe bet around these parts is a few bottles of general antidote, which, when the source of the poison is added to the base, works to restore you so long are your injuries are non-life-threatening. Couple that with a couple health potions, and you'll do just fine out there in the wild, no matter what role you play.

"Am I to expect you would be interested?"

She turned to her shelves, pausing with her hand hovering over a glass jar of herbs as she looked back at her customer with keen brown eyes.
Back to top Go down
Tannis Krait

Tannis Krait

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:36 am

"Okay, I'll take twenty health pots, and five antidotes."

When she had chosen poison as her own element back at character creation, she had been initially granted with a high resistance to all toxins, so she didn't think she would need very many antidotes. Just a few for insurance and maybe to trad/give to party members.

"Anything else you think would be of use to me?"
Back to top Go down
The Great GM

The Great GM

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:37 am

Immediately, the woman began crafting, measuring careful amounts of this and that with an assortment of beakers and flasks which seemed to be appearing from nowhere.

"Perhaps a few to boost your stamina? I can make you some of the more complex stuff, like instant-revival and luck potions if you're willing to go for a bit of ingredient hunting for me."

She paused for a moment, however, placing a finger to her chin. She eyed Tannis carefully, then reached behind the counter and pulled out a small cloth pouch with a label attached to it. One knowing smile later, and she returned to her work.

"And this, free of charge. You may not use it now, but I'm sure it will come in handy."

The label read; 'for the prevention of pregnancy'.
Back to top Go down
Tannis Krait

Tannis Krait

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 am

"Uh...thanks."

She had imagined sex was a thing in ArdOn like some other mature MMOs (Third Life was one giant orgy), but e-pregnancies? These games were getting crazy with their attempts at immersion. She accepted the contraceptive with a funny look.

"I'll collect ingredients with you, but I'd like you to hook me up with some samples to use out in the field. And I'd still like my original order too."
Back to top Go down
The Great GM

The Great GM

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:42 am

"Samples?"

With an entire flask of a pleasantly gold potion set to a slow boil, the woman moved on to the antidotes, using an entirely different work bench and set of infinite flasks to concoct her next creation.
Back to top Go down
Tannis Krait

Tannis Krait

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:43 am

"Yes. I want to see what your potions can do."

She marveled at the gold potion that the shopkeeper was monitoring.

"What is that?"
Back to top Go down
The Great GM

The Great GM

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:44 am

"Oh this? Your health potion. I'll see what I can whip up as a sample for you."

The trouble was, her potions weren't as potent if they were just in 'sample' form. Determined not to think about the dollar value that was going out the window, the woman reached into bag of pre-made potion vials and set out 10 on the countertop of random effect (player-decided, all Lesser value, but still extremely potent at beginner level).

"You can take any five of those you want for free. I'm sure you'll be back for more once you try them!"

Adjusting a dial beneath the pleasantly bubbling golden liquid (it looked a lot like syrup!), she used one hand to ready a 20-dose flask for the health potions, and added a last liquid to the antidotes with a small puff of steam. As she set out the tiny vials for the basic antidotes, she wiped her hands on a stained white rag before striding to her till.

"Ah, right then. Your total comes to 250 gold for the lot, but I can give you discounts in the future if you prove yourself a loyal customer in the future!"
Back to top Go down
Tannis Krait

Tannis Krait

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:07 am

Tannis examined each potion with the help of the in game wiki chose five different potions that she thought could compliment the roguish kit setup she had in mind for her character. A stamina booster, a potion for enhanced senses, a mixture than created chemical fire, a vial of powerful acid that could melt armor and weapons, and a liquid hallucinogen that could be used alone or as coating on items.

There was so many other amazing concoctions on display, but unfortunately, Tannis was only limted to her five choices at the moment.She paid the shopkeeper and absorbed all the potions into her inventory.

"I wish I could try them all, but I could never afford that? But, could I learn to make such potions myself?"
Back to top Go down
The Great GM

The Great GM

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 am

"I guess when you're back from adventuring, I could always take you on as an apprentice. It will be rather slow going, but I could teach you just about everything I know..."

With a smile, she woman winked, tapping the side of her nose.

"Just about. A girl's gotta have some secrets!"
Back to top Go down
Tannis Krait

Tannis Krait

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:38 am

She hadn't expected such an offer from an NPC, but she wasn't going to turn down some quality lessons from an expert.

"I'd like that. But who's to say that I can't come up with my own? Now what ingredients would you like me to gather?"
Back to top Go down
The Great GM

The Great GM

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:52 am

"Once you know the basics, I'm sure you'll do the world a favor and experiment. I just hope you'll keep notes to learn from any mistakes and to record your successes.

"You'll be heading to Mo Town, the path to which is at the southern end of the village. When you're there, deliver this paper to the head Shaman, if you will? He'll be able to direct you to this season's most potent herb patches."

The woman took a moment to grab a piece of paper from her desk, drawing a delicate pen from an inkwell to scribble a small list of ingredients down in scrawling letters which seemed harsh and unfamiliar to Tannis' gaze. Afterward, she returned the pen to its well and folded the four corners of the square paper in on itself, then laid a tri-fold overtop that. A drip of a candle and press of a seal and it was done. She handled the list to her customer with a smile.

"My name is Miranda, by the way. Be sure to tell the shaman I sent you."
Back to top Go down
Tannis Krait

Tannis Krait

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:09 am

"I will, thank you, Miranda." Tannis said as she accepted the note and absorbed it into her inventory. She gave her future instructor a nod before leaving the store. Back outside, she was met with rain, but it fell as sheets off her water proof outer wear. All except her hands; she had overlooked buying some in her haste to clear the tutorial area. Quickly she ran back to the armor shop and bought a pair of leather gloves before setting off to find the Shaman.

The guide recommended she visit the general store for other supplies like food and camping supplies, but she had no plans on camping out in the wilderness until she finished her business with the Shaman.

[Tannis Out]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enter: Tutorials   Enter: Tutorials - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Enter: Tutorials
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2